Sleep apnea is a common, yet severe form of sleep disorder that frequently arises with ailments or irregularities within the mouth. Sleep apnea occurs due to sporadic breathing patterns while you sleep. If a person is afflicted with sleep apnea, it can cause serious problems in the body, including strokes, high blood pressure, and heart attacks.
Create an improved oral health identity with sleep apnea treatments. If your oral health care requires sleep apnea treatments, remember the following:
– As is often the case, males over the age of 40 are most at risk for sleep apnea.
– Signals from your brain that are interrupted and not delivered to the muscles in your chest results in a condition known as central sleep apnea.
– Sleep apnea can potentially result in serious side effects such as heart attacks or stroke.
– Obstructive sleep apnea characteristically occurs when airways are blocked and obstructed.
– Sleep apnea can be instigated by allergies, sinus problems, a family history of the disorder, genetics, nasal blockages, large tonsils, a large tongue, a small jaw, a deviated septum, breathing obstructions, and various environmental factors.
Our team at Aspire Surgical focuses on a variety of sleep apnea treatments to suit all your needs. If you would like an oral exam from Dr. Joseph Fullmer, please book an appointment to come see us at our oral surgery office in Heber, Utah. We can be reached at 435-315-2050. We would love to bring you in for an oral exam and make teeth and gums as good as new!