Have you ever suffered dental damage due to your TMJs being injured or harmed in any way? If you do ever suffer damage to your TMJs, which of the joints and jaw muscles in your mouth designed to make your jaw move as intended, it’s important that they are treated effectively. For further information about TMJs, TMJ disorders, treatments and causes, see below:
– If you are suffering from a TMJ disorder, you will need to use heat packs to help alleviate pain, or ice packs to help lower inflammation and swelling.
– It is important to be aware of the causes of TMJ disorders. This includes bruxism, misalignments with your teeth and jaw, dislocations, arthritis, and several other ailments that can potentially cause damage to your jaw joints.
– Various unhealthy habits in your life can contribute to TMJ disorders, such as biting on your nails, chewing gum or eating tough and chewy foods such as steaks.
– To help alleviate symptoms of a TMJ disorder, try eating softer foods or work on stress-related techniques such as meditation and listening to calming music. This is because stress is often linked to jaw pressure.
– Various exercises can be used to help strengthen your jaw.
– For additional help with a TMJ disorder, visit our oral and maxillofacial surgeon for a treatment plan.
For any further questions or concerns about your TMJs or for treatments for a TMJ disorder, Aspire Surgical is here to help. For additional oral health care treatments, we can offer a comprehensive diagnosis from Dr. Fullmer and our team at our dentist office in Heber, Utah. To schedule an appointment, call us at 435-315-2050.